Friday, February 21, 2014

A Birthday Abroad



This year marks my first birthday away from my family and friends. I was sad to be apart from the people I love, but the people I've met here have made me feel so welcome that I was still able to enjoy my special day. My students, for example, bought me this giant florescent cake and an equally colossal bottle of Inca Kola. The affection communicated with this gesture was as grand and bright as the gifts.



My host family then cooked me a special lunch of Chifa food, which is the Peruvian version of Chinese food, one of my favorite things to eat here. We all gathered around, including the toddlers in the family, and enjoyed the meal together, which was very heartwarming.

Lastly, my collegues gifted me this handsome messenger bag with the emblem of our school. I love its encouraging message.



KEEP GOING is right!

No comments: