Monday, April 30, 2012

Tutoring: TESOL Certification

This is just a quick post about self-education.  I have recently started a TESOL course from Global Leadership College.  TESOL certification, Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, should help me in my English language tutoring.  I have a master's in linguistics, so much of the information in my course is not new, but second language learning was not my focus, so I hope to learn something.  This course is primarily geared to teaching English abroad, but I expect the certification to nonetheless come in handy stateside.

I have also been thinking lately about supplementing my English teaching skills with knowledge of Spanish, so TESOL certification could help me spend an extended amount of time in a Spanish-speaking country to reach that goal in a fun and productive way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you completed this course? What did you think? I am looking at doing one of their online courses. Thanks!